1. Earth worms eat almost anything that was alive, as long as it is dead when they eat it
2. The myth of both parts of a worm surviving when it has been cut in two is not true, only the part with the head attached will survive
3. Earth worms use their skin to breath and do not have lungs
4. The average life span of a worm is 4-5 years
5. There are around 2700 different types of worm
6. One acre of land can contain around 1 million worms
7. Worms are cold blooded and can have between 1 and 5 pairs of hearts
8. Worms have the ability to eat their own weight in a day
9. If a worm becomes dehydrated and its skin dries out it will die
10. Worms are hermaphrodites and have both male and female organs.
If you would like your own wormery then go to www.SpottyGreenFrog.co.uk for more information about our lifecycle kits.