Finding cookery club recipes that can be prepared and cooked within an hour is sometimes a problem for the cooking club at the St Laurence Catholic Primary School.
The club often prepares recipes which the children can then take home and cook which is a great idea, especially if your school cookery club does not have the use of an oven.
Veronica has kindly shared this scrumptious Apple and Blackberry Crumble recipe.
Ingredients for 4 – 6 people
2 cooking apples
1 punnet blackberries
1 x 15ml spoon sugar
200g plain flour
1. Turn the oven on to gas mark 4 or 180oC
2. Peel the apples using a vegetable peeler. Place on the chopping board and cut around the core into 4 pieces. Throw away the core and peel. Chop the apple into small pieces.
3. Place the blackberries into the colander and wash them under the cold tap.
4. Put the apple and blackberries into the bottom of the ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the 15ml spoon sugar.
5. Now make the crumble. Weigh out the flour and place into the mixing bowl.
6. Weigh the butter and chop it into small squares, using a chopping board and knife. Put the butter into the mixing bowl with the flour.
7. Using clean hands, use the tips of your fingers to rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs. TIP: Use cold butter straight out of the fridge.
8. Weigh out the sugar and stir it into the crumble mixture.
9. Place the crumble mixture on top of the fruit.
10. Place the crumble into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the crumble topping is golden.
11. When cooked remove from the oven using oven gloves.
Recipe from the lets get cooking website.